Grange Gardens

Grange Gardens is a small green oasis in the densely populated residential heart of Grangetown. One of Cardiff’s earliest public parks, it retains much of its original late Victorian character and is a focus for cultural, recreational and leisure activities … Continue reading

Victoria Park

Leafy Victoria Park is a classic late Victorian urban public park, opened in 1897 and named in honour of Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. The park is a popular local facility boasting an Edwardian drinking fountain canopy, recently installed replica bandstand, … Continue reading

Beechwood Ornamental Park

Beechwood Park, which covers 30 acres, originally formed the private grounds to Beechwood House. In 1900, Newport Borough Council bought Beechwood House and the grounds were opened up as a public park, with refreshments available in the House. During the First World War, the House was also used as a convalescent home. Continue reading

Belle Vue Park Gardens

Belle Vue Park was opened in 1894 and has many features typical of a Victorian public park, including the conservatories and pavilion, bandstand and rockeries. Following a successful bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Belle Vue Park restoration project set about restoring the park buildings and recreating the original planting scheme. Continue reading