Beechwood Ornamental Park

Beechwood Park, which covers 30 acres, originally formed the private grounds to Beechwood House. In 1900, Newport Borough Council bought Beechwood House and the grounds were opened up as a public park, with refreshments available in the House. During the First World War, the House was also used as a convalescent home. Continue reading

Belle Vue Park Gardens

Belle Vue Park was opened in 1894 and has many features typical of a Victorian public park, including the conservatories and pavilion, bandstand and rockeries. Following a successful bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Belle Vue Park restoration project set about restoring the park buildings and recreating the original planting scheme. Continue reading